June 9, 2021
The Ronald McDonald House Rochester, Minnesota, is returning to more typical operations as the number of fully vaccinated individuals increases and the number of new COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations declines. We anticipate a steady return to pre-COVID-19 activities over the next few months.
Our top priority continues to be the health and well-being of the ill children and families we serve at Ronald McDonald House Rochester. In partnership with our global organization, healthcare partner, and national and state health agencies, the following guidelines are currently in effect:
- Our House remains open to provide shelter and support to ill children and their families seeking medical care at Mayo Clinic
- Guest families current Conditions to Stay remain in effect
- Visitors are not allowed
- Masks that cover the nose and mouth are required in all areas of the House, except in individual guest rooms
- 6-feet social distancing remains in effect
- Increased cleaning and sanitizing activities are taking place daily
- Limited volunteers are onsite to support families (primarily on weekends)
- Families are receiving nutritional support from our House Dinner Hero program and Fresh Food Co-Op
We remain committed to our mission of supporting children and families and keeping them near the medical care they need during these unusual times. The support of a generous and caring community has made it possible for our mission to remain strong during many difficult and challenging days.
Our gratitude for the kindness and compassion of our Ronald McDonald House community is profound. We owe so much – to so many – for their incredible support and assistance this past year. On behalf of those we have the privilege of serving – Thank you!
Ronald McDonald House of Rochester, Minnesota