The Ronald McDonald House® of Rochester, Minnesota is a community living environment. Families work together to create an atmosphere that is safe and secure. Our House provides comfortable lodging facilities for rest and rejuvenation. Staff works with families individually if expectations are not being met. We are a team and we appreciate your cooperation.
A dedicated staff and many volunteers serve the Ronald McDonald House®. Our home is inviting, warm and friendly. We encourage you to visit with us anytime about your needs or concerns.
You’ll need to bring very little for your stay at the Ronald McDonald House®. We provide:
- Bed linens (be sure to bring favorite pillows, blankets, stuffed animals)
- Paper products
- Cleaning supplies
- Children’s toys and books
- Cooking supplies (pots, pans, coffee makers and coffee, utensils)
The Ronald McDonald House® of Rochester, Minnesota has 42 rooms with a maximum occupancy of five. All of the rooms are slightly different and are meant to accommodate the varying needs of families.
All rooms include:
- Private bathroom
- Air conditioning
- Private phone line with voicemail
- All-in-one computer system (computer with webcam, TV & DVD)
- Each room has a queen size bed and either a twin size bed with trundle or bunk beds
- Each family has access to kitchen facilities. Stoves, refrigerators, freezers, microwaves, cooking utensils and dishes are available.
- On Sundays and Wednesdays, volunteer groups from the community sign up to cook and serve evening meals for the families in the community room. A schedule of the meals and menus is posted each week.
Transportation & Parking
Taxi Vouchers: A one-way taxi voucher is available to House guests on an as-needed basis. One voucher is available per day. The vouchers will take you to or from Saint Marys Hospital, Methodist Hospital or Mayo Clinic. Vouchers can be picked up at the front desk.
Parking: Free parking is provided in a Mayo Clinic lot across Ninth Ave. One parking space is provided per family.
Shuttle: The Mayo Clinic Patient Shuttle is available Monday – Friday, 7 a.m – 5 p.m. on an as-needed basis. It travels between Mayo’s Saint Marys and downtown campuses.
- Computers are available for your use in designated areas of the House. The computers have word processing software as well as internet. Wireless internet is available in common areas of the House.
- A fax machine and copier are available in the office for your use 8 a.m. – 9 p.m. Faxes can be received at (507) 252-2160.
Family Programs & Resources
The Ronald McDonald House program team offers many activities and programs for family enrichment and support. Our family activity coordinator schedules events and outings both at the Ronald McDonald House® and around the Rochester, Minnesota community. We provide program staffing during the hours families are here at the house, later afternoons and evenings. These programs maximize existing resources and build collaborations with the community.
Physical Fitness Opportunities
Thanks to the Rochester, Minnesota Area Family YMCA, passes are available for families during their stay at the Ronald McDonald House®. We also have an outdoor play area for children to utilize when weather permits.