The Ronald McDonald House® of Rochester, Minnesota is a community living environment. Families work together to create an atmosphere that is safe and secure. Our House provides comfortable lodging facilities for rest and rejuvenation. Staff works with families individually if expectations are not being met. We are a team and we appreciate your cooperation.
A dedicated staff and many volunteers serve the Ronald McDonald House. Our home is inviting, warm and friendly. We encourage you to visit with us anytime about your needs or concerns.
You’ll need to bring very little for your stay at the Ronald McDonald House. We provide:
- Bed linens (be sure to bring favorite pillows, blankets, stuffed animals)
- Paper products
- Cleaning supplies
- Children’s toys and books
- Cooking supplies (pots, pans, coffee makers and coffee, utensils)
The Ronald McDonald House of Rochester, Minnesota has 70 guest rooms with a maximum occupancy of five. All of the rooms are slightly different and are meant to accommodate the varying needs of families.
All rooms include:
- Private bathroom
- Air conditioning
- Private phone line with voicemail
- Each room has a queen size bed and either a twin size bed with trundle, bunk beds, or an additional queen size bed
- Each family has access to kitchen facilities. Stoves, refrigerators, freezers, microwaves, cooking utensils and dishes are available.
- Typically Mondays through Thursdays, volunteer groups from the community sign up to cook and serve evening meals for all House families in the community room. A schedule of the meals and menus is posted each week.
Keepin’ It Fresh Food Co-Op
Founded in 2019, the Keepin’ It Fresh Food Co-Op serves the children and families staying at the House and on the waiting list by providing them with fresh and healthy perishable food items, such as protein, produce, dairy and more, at no cost to the families. It provides access to healthy, supplemental food options, allowing children and families to focus solely on their health and well-being. Originally funded by a $50,000 Remarkable Impact Grant from Ronald McDonald House Charities through the generosity of AbbVie, the Fresh Food Co-Op is sustained and maintained by individuals, businesses and community partners.
Family Programs & Resources
The Ronald McDonald House program team offers many activities and programs for family enrichment and support. Our family activity coordinator schedules events and outings both at the Ronald McDonald House® and around the Rochester, Minnesota community. We provide program staffing during the hours families are here at the house, later afternoons and evenings. These programs maximize existing resources and build collaborations with the community.
- Computers are available for your use in designated areas of the House. The computers have word processing software as well as internet. Wireless internet is available in common areas of the House.
- A fax machine and copier are available in the office for your use 8 a.m. – 9 p.m. Faxes can be received at (507) 252-2160.
Physical Fitness Opportunities
The House also has outdoor plaza, indoor activity room, and adult exercise room.
Transportation & Parking
Taxi Vouchers: A one-way taxi voucher is available to House guests on an as-needed basis. One voucher is available per day. The vouchers will take you to or from Saint Marys Hospital, Methodist Hospital or Mayo Clinic. Vouchers can be picked up at the front desk.
Parking: Free parking is provided in a Mayo Clinic lot across Ninth Ave., as well as limited parking in the Ronald McDonald House parking garage.
Shuttle: The Mayo Clinic Patient Shuttle is available Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. – 5 p.m. on an as-needed basis. It travels between Mayo’s Saint Marys and downtown campuses.