March 27, 2020
Dear friends of the Ronald McDonald House of Rochester, Minnesota,
In these times of uncertainty, it is reassuring to know that some things have not changed. Our mission is strong and shining bright in Rochester!
As an essential business playing an indispensable role in supporting pediatric patients and their families and their access to treatment and medical care at Mayo Clinic, we continue to support children and families staying at the House.
Over the past number of weeks, great measures have been put in place to reduce the risk of exposure to COVID-19 for guests, volunteers, and staff, including:
- Volunteer program suspended March 13, including all volunteer HouseWarmer support, programming activities, and House Dinners
- In lieu of House Dinners provided by volunteer groups, staff are ordering and distributing boxed or catered meals and groceries to guests (with the help of our generous community, the House secured support to cover 6-8 weeks of nourishment)
- Business Continuity Staffing Plan implemented March 16 that allows for minimal staff on-site, with all other staff members working remotely
- Social distancing measures
- Visitors no longer allowed at the House
- Increased cleaning and sanitizing
- Self-monitoring of symptoms and temperatures by all guests and staff
We are blessed to have the tremendously strong support of our Ronald McDonald House community during this difficult and stressful time. Our community is supporting the House with calls and emails of good wishes, by ordering things from our Amazon and Target wish lists, by supporting our House Dinner Hero program to provide meals and groceries for guests in the House, and by supporting the House financially.
We can’t thank you enough for your thoughts and for supporting the House from afar. We feel your love!
No one knows with any certainty what the future will bring. With full and compassionate hearts, we intend to continue to advance our mission and serve the children and families who call us their home away from home until the COVID-19 crisis is over.
We look forward to sunnier days for all. Please stay well and keep your families well.
With gratitude and appreciation,