- Families must have a child age 18 or younger receiving medically necessary ongoing care; inpatient or four appointments per week if outpatient at a Rochester, Minnesota medical facility.
- Guests must not be a resident of Olmsted County, Minnesota.
- All new families seeking medical care for each child must obtain a referral from Mayo Clinic Social Work Department. Please contact us for more information regarding eligibility and/or the referral process at (507) 282-3955.
Please Note: Anyone staying or visiting the Ronald McDonald House® of Rochester, Minnesota must be infectious disease free for 21 days.
The Ronald McDonald House® of Rochester, Minnesota is filled on a first come, first serve basis. We do not take reservations because families with ill children are often not able to predict when their care will end. For all new families (who have never stayed with us before), please read and follow the steps outlined below to allow us to best serve you upon your arrival in Rochester, Minnesota.
Upon Your Arrival to Rochester
Once you’ve arrived in Rochester for your child’s medical care, call the Ronald McDonald House® of Rochester, Minnesota at (507) 282-3955 to check on availability and ask to visit with a House Manager (you do not need a Mayo Clinic social worker referral to be placed on the wait list).
All new families to the Ronald McDonald House® of Rochester, Minnesota must have a referral completed by a Mayo Clinic medical social worker or other partnering medical facilities before they can be checked into the House.
Former Ronald McDonald House® of Rochester, Minnesota families are also required to have a referral completed if they are seeking care for a child not previously seen or if they have not stayed at the House within the last five years.
How to have a referral completed:
- If your child is receiving outpatient care, you can obtain the referral by meeting with a Mayo Clinic Social Worker. You can schedule a visit with a social worker by calling (507) 284-2091.
- While you do not need the referral to be placed on the wait list or to receive a discounted room rate at a local hotel, we do need the referral in order to check your family into the House.
- If your child is inpatient, you can ask your social worker or the social worker on call to have the referral completed while your child is in the hospital.
- If you arrive after 5 p.m. on a weekday or anytime on the weekend, and we have an open room, you can call the Mayo Clinic at (507) 284-2511 and ask for the social worker on call. The social worker will confirm a meeting time and place and will complete the referral for you. This may most likely happen at the Emergency Department in Saint Marys Hospital. The Ronald McDonald House® Manager will advise you if you should take this step.
- The referral does need to be completed in person as signatures are required.
- Please remember to contact a Ronald McDonald House House® Manager at (507) 282-3955 as soon as you arrive in Rochester to be placed on the wait list or see about open rooms.