During these unprecedented times, the Ronald McDonald House of Rochester, Minnesota, is focusing on the health and well-being of the children and families it serves. House programming will continue to change at the direction of Ronald McDonald House Charities and per the guidance from the Center for Disease Control and state and local officials.
The House is currently unable to check in families. We apologize for any additional hardship that this may cause for you and your family. The goal is to protect the health of the children and families we serve. We will continue to monitor the current situation of COVID-19 and update our programming.
HOW WE CAN HELP
While we are unable to have you stay at the House at this time, we would be happy to assist you with reservations at a local hotel. Many hotels offer discounted room rates to families who we are unable to stay at the House. We are able to assist with these reservations Sunday – Saturday, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. Please contact a House Manager at 507-282-3955.
We can offer you and your family a bag of food and activities that we hope will help during your stay in Rochester. Please contact a House Manager to set up a time to pick up the bag.
Other lodging options that are community living-type settings similar to Ronald McDonald House:
- Nazarene Well House (507-282-6792)
- House of Compassion (507-289-6025)
- Serenity House Network (507-273-0470)
MAYO CLINIC RESOURCES
We encourage you to review the Mayo Clinic website regarding COVID-19 and the steps they are taking to protect their patients during their medical care: https://www.mayoclinic.org/covid-19
Mayo Clinic offers a Patient Travel Service, which is available by email email@example.com or by phone 763-852-5501 or 866-551-3392. Patient Travel Service helps with travel needs, such as:
- new airline reservations
- changes to existing travel itineraries
- hotel and car reservations
- ground transportation (shuttles)
- other Mayo patient discounted rates
Lastly, Mayo Clinic has a Concierge Service, which directs and answers additional questions regarding lodging options, transportation, activities, local and regional attractions, etc. Concierge Service is available in the Mayo Building—Lobby Level Office, by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 507-538-8438.
If you have any additional questions, please contact the House at 507-282-3955 or visit www.rmhmn.org.
- The Ronald McDonald House provides temporary lodging for families with a patient age 18 years or younger who is receiving care at Mayo Clinic
- The patient must be receiving medically necessary ongoing care
- The patient must be either inpatient or an active outpatient with a minimum of 4 appointments per week
- Families must live outside Olmsted County and cannot be a resident of Olmsted County at any point during their stay
- The Ronald McDonald House does not provide services to pediatric patients involved in the PRC Pain Rehabilitation Clinic at Mayo Clinic
- All new families seeking medical care for each child must obtain a referral from Mayo Clinic Social Work Department
Please Note: Anyone staying or visiting the Ronald McDonald House® of Rochester, Minnesota must be infectious disease free for 21 days
The Ronald McDonald House® of Rochester, Minnesota is filled on a first come, first serve basis. We do not take reservations because families with ill children are often not able to predict when their care will end. For all new families (who have never stayed with us before), please read and follow the steps outlined below to allow us to best serve you upon your arrival in Rochester.
How do I stay at the Ronald McDonald House?
Families are served on a first come, first served basis, based on your arrival in Rochester. Please contact the House Manager at 507-282-3955 as soon as you arrive in Rochester to check on availability of a room.
The Ronald McDonald House office hours are 8 a.m. – 9 p.m. Sunday thru Saturday. If you will be arriving after 8 p.m., please contact the House Manager so we may assist with confirming lodging accommodations.
How do I plan ahead for my upcoming stay in Rochester?
Families are encouraged to plan for a minimum of one night on our list and have a backup lodging plan in place. The Ronald McDonald House has developed partnerships with local hotels that offer discounted rates for families who are in the process of getting a room at the House.
All new families to the Ronald McDonald House of Rochester, Minnesota, must have a referral completed before they may be offered a room at the House.
Former Ronald McDonald House of Rochester families are also required to have a referral completed if they are seeking care for a child not previously seen or if they have not stayed at the House within the past 5 years.
While you do not need the referral to be placed on the list or to receive a discounted room rate at a hotel, we do need the referral in order to offer your family a room at the House.
How to have a referral completed:
- If your child is receiving outpatient care, you can obtain the referral from a Mayo Clinic Social Worker; you can reach a Social Worker by calling Mayo Clinic Social Work at 507-284-2131
- If your child is inpatient, you can ask for the Unit Social Worker or the On-Call Social Worker to have the referral completed while your child is in the hospital
- The referral does need to be completed in person, as signatures are required
- A release of information with a required signature must be completed as a part of the referral
- Please remember to contact the House Manager at 507-282-3955 as soon as you arrive in Rochester to be placed on the list or see about open rooms